Academic Certificate notary

Some foreign countries require that the certified documents produced by the office of the universtiy Registrar include the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Apostille or Certification. Notarization of the document is required before the Apostille or Certification by the Commonwealth will be completed. The official paper transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the University seal and signature of the University Registrar. Transcripts and diplomas remaining in the United States generally do not need notarization.
The Registrar's Office will:
notarize up to three copies of the same document
only notarize documents produced by the Office of the Universtiy Registrar
return all notarized documents to you for any additional processing
Note: Requesting Notary Services may delay processing of your request, including overnight delivery, since it will require additional processing time.
When you present your diploma or have the Registrar's Office issue you an official transcript or academic verification, the Universtiy Registrar's office will produce and sign a letter attesting to the authenticity of your document. A notary will witness and verify the signature on the letter. Please allow 1-2 business days for documents to be processed.
All  Chinese Translation Service documents may be dropped off at 114 Shields Building; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST and will be available for pick-up after notarization is complete.
Information about pursuing the Apostille or Certification is provided below.
How to Obtain a Notarization:Academic Transcript:
When requesting a copy of your official transcript online, complete the notary services request form and upload it as an attachment to your request.
Academic Verification:
When requesting a copy of your academic verification or transcript, complete the notary services request form, and send it with your request for academic verification.
Complete the notary services request form and forward it with your original diploma to the address listed on the form. We do not maintain copies of your diploma. As an alternative, you can also fax a good quality copy of your diploma with the completed notary services request form. If you are ordering a replacement diploma that needs to be notarized, complete the notary services request form and submit it with your order.
ApostilleThe Office of the University Registrar cannot provide this service. However, the Secretary of the Commonwealth provides authentication of Pennsylvania public officials' signatures on documents that will be used outside the United States. For documents intended for use in foreign countries, the country of destination determines whether the authentication is an Apostille or Certification.
Apostilles and Certifications are not issued for documents that will be used within the United States.
After your documents are notarized at the Registrar's Office, students who still require an Apostille or Certification for a foreign country or institution should review the Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth's website for instructions on obtaining an Apostille or Certification. Information can be found at the Pennsylvania Department of State site. From: http://www.chinatranslation.net/Certified-Chinese-translation/Academic-47489.shtml