Merry Christmas


As 2011 races towards the finish line and I reflect on the year that has almost been... I remember wishful thinking last year for contentment. I wanted to appreciate what was in front of me, around me and beside me. I wanted to work hard but strive for less. I wanted to breathe, to pause for a moment and to enjoy what I have... not what could or might come my way.  I think I have.

This coming year I am thinking that I want to 'be in the moment'. That means that I want to enjoy what I am doing when I am doing it. I want to give my full attention to the task at hand... it is so easy to loose focus, to be anywhere but in that particular moment. I don't want to be reading my emails when I am writing, checking my phone when I am talking to a friend or thinking about business when it's time for pleasure. It is easier said than done, like all resolutions, but I'm going to try.
2011 has been my favourite year at French Essence. We are old friends now, familiar souls together with a love of France and all things French. Blogging is such a 'clunky' word for what I consider to be meaningful time spent together... it might be virtual, but it is real. Important friendships have been made and I hope they will continue to thrive in the coming year... 
I have come to understand that a blog is only enduring and successful because of it's readers. It doesn't matter how clever, how pretty, how smart or how often... a blog lives and breathes for it's readers. You are the reason I continue to write... How can there be so much to say about so little? I ask myself this over and over, yet I read a comment or an email from you and it sparks an idea. Your comments and emails bring life, creativity and reason to French Essence... Thank you one million times and more... Next year, after a short break, I will be back with French Essence but for now I am going to enjoy... no indulge in... this Christmas moment... I wish you all a Joyeux Noël and I hope with all my heart that all your wishes and dreams come true...

I leave you with some links to your favourite posts of mine this year... in case you feel like a little French Essence in my absence...

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Most famous French film actors – Part II

About Sunchine Inspection